Search Engine

Story: The Diadem

When Sylvia Drake's Diadem is lost, Brill, the Phantom of Memories chooses Caroline Dawnrunner and Rebecca Duskglade to recover it. It seems easy at first, but a new threat arises...can Rebecca and Caroline find the Diadem before an icy foe grabs it?

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Never Really Grabbed Hold

As of now, I am no longer as active a player of EQ II.

The problem is, the game never got a firm grip on me like Runescape or Wizard101. So when I try to compare them:

EQ II   problem:
It's hard for me to find people, monsters, or objects for quests. I usually wander around and gain several levels before I find the essential to my quest.
Wizard101 comparison:
*cough* quest helper *cough*
Runescape comparison:
NPCs give specific directions and not the vague, "I need you to talk to Sentry Talvee ok bye"
EQ II problem:
I wander too much on accident and find myself in areas with high level bosses and monsters.
Wizard101 comparison:
To go most places you have to unlock them first, so you're usually stuck on one area before you level up and go onto the next.
Runescape comparison:
In the starting area all the monsters are moderate levels and they don't randomly attack you like ecounter monsters in EQ II.
EQ II problem:
If I get into a group with a higher level player, the player refuses to mentor me and I'm stuck with them for the whole day gaining no experience.
Wizard101 comparison:
If you join a group, that's not nessecarily a feature of the game and can still gain experience.
Runescape comparison:
there is a special member's server for group questing, but you can still gain experience while in a group.

Bye, EQ II. May you never waste my time with your  honeyed lies again.

End of the beginning of the end

No comments:

Post a Comment

No inappropriate language, or links to inappropriate things, no spam (whatever that is), and no negativeness to me or Aedan. Random, unrelated comments are OK unless they contain the stuff I said not to.